At Centaur, we are passionate about perfecting quality of food and farm products, enabling abundance and reducing waste.
Founded by leading experts and entrepreneurs in the fields of electronics, agronomy and cognitive technologies, Centaur is proud to provide award-winning, innovative technology to transform the traditional agriproduct supply chain into a Trusted, Digital, Post-Harvest Quality Chain.
Co-Founder, President and CEO
Sotiris is a seasoned technologist and serial entrepreneur experienced in bringing disruptive technologies to market, as he did for his prior company, Helic, a semiconductor design software company acquired by ANSYS. He holds a PhD. in Microelectronics and a Degree in Electrical Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens. A prolific inventor, Sotiris holds several patents in areas ranging sensors, machine learning and computational techniques and has several additional pending.
Co-Founder, Chief Commercial Officer
Vasilis is a renowned agronomist and food scientist with over two decades of experience. His expertise as a food safety expert and sustainability auditor alongside the most respected companies in the industry (such as Nestlé, Unilever and Pepsico) cultivated the vision that is Centaur today. He has led more than 300 audits for ISO 9001, ISO 22000, ISO 14001, BRC, IFS and Globalgap, working with TÜV Nord, Lloyds Register, Eurocert and ELOT. Moreover, he has been a frequent speaker in major conferences including GEAPS, IAOM, IMFO, CEPA, Fumigants & Pheromones. Vasilis holds a BSc in Agronomy and an MSc in Food Science, both from the Aristotle University.
John is a seasoned professional with more than fifteen years of international experience in products spanning IoT, AI and machine learning applications, farm automation. At Centaur John drives business strategy, investment, large-scale transactions and strategic partnerships with major agricutlure and CPG companies. John obtained a JD from Emory University and a Bachelor's from the University of Iowa.
Co-Founder, Executive Chairman
Avi is an experienced entrepreneur, active inventor and lifelong visionary. He has held a number of successful executive leadership positions, including a role with Sealed Air (NYSE:SEE), a leading global provider of food safety and security and product protection solutions. He also served as President and CEO of 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) for 12 years. Avi has been named one of Fortune Magazine's "Top 50 Business Leaders."
Apostolos 'Toli' Lerios
Co-founder & CTO
- Oversees product platform creation and cognitive toolset methodology and implementation.
- Serial entrepreneur and Big Data expert.
- Prior co-founder and CTO of Metanautix, big data analytics infrastructure company, acquired by Microsoft.
Dr. Ron Ham
Chief Scientist, Hardware Systems
- Oversees key IP development and in-field validation of Centaur Sensors.
- World-renowned expert in wireless systems engineering.
- Prior senior technical leadership at Newlogic (now Wipro), Tracor Aerospace (now BAE Systems), Texas Instruments and others.
Director of Engineering
- Leads Centaur hardware and software engineering teams.
- Seasoned professional developing high-tech products for mission-critical applications.
- Former systems and design engineering for Swarm 64 and Maquet Critical Care.
Dr. Christos Athanassiou
- Renowned global expert in entomology and post-harvest science.
- Professor at University of Thessaly.
- Advisor to USDA on stored crops protection.
Dr. Shlomo Navarro
Advisor, Grain Science
- A global authority on Grain Science.
- President of the Permanent Committee for the International Conference on Controlled Atmosphere and Fumigation.
- Author of The Mechanics and Physics of Modern Grain Aeration Management.
THE TEAM BEHIND THE TECH
Our passion is bringing abundance!
The Centaur team is passionate about ending post-harvest crop losses. After leaving the field, 17% of the world’s harvests spoil. In developing countries, loss skyrockets to more than 30%. The Centaur Internet-of-Crops Platform gives the food and commodity industries an unprecedented capacity to track, monitor, and understand the quality of the world’s food when stored, transported and delivered to shelves. Post-harvest quality is maintained. Losses are minimized. A more abundant food supply is delivered.
WORK AT CENTAUR
Be a part of a growing global team building a trusted, Post-Harvest Quality Chain.
- Exciting, cutting-edge IoT and data analytics technology
- Remote work and global travel opportunities
- Open-door culture
- Equity participation opportunities
- Private health insurance
- Flexible hours
- Friendly work environment
- Enhancement of technical and personal development